HARRY AND MEGHAN'S ROYAL ROMANCE
- Harry and Markle first meet when they are set up by a friend on a blind date in London
- Rumours surface in the media that Harry is "secretly" dating the Canada-based Suits star
- Harry confirms his relationship with Markle and asks the public to stop harassing his girlfriend
- Prince William issues his own statement in support of his younger brother
- Markle and Harry are first photographed by the paparazzi during a stroll in London where they watch a West End show, and later reportedly buy a Christmas tree
- The pair visit Norway to see the northern lights
- Markle meets Harry's sister-in-law Kate Middleton and her daughter Princess Charlotte
- Paparazzi snap Harry and Markle leaving the exclusive members' club Soho House in London
- The pair take a trip to Jamaica for the wedding of Harry's friend Tom Inskip
- Markle attends the reception of Harry's sister-in-law Pippa Middleton after her wedding to James Matthews
- Harry is cheered on by his girlfriend at a polo tournament in England and are photographed for the first time sharing a kiss
- Harry is rumoured to have asked Markle to marry him while on holiday together in Botswana to celebrate her 36th birthday
- Gracing the cover of Vanity Fair, Markle speaks about Prince Harry in an interview published as the magazine's feature story of the month
- In keeping with royal protocol, the pair are photographed seated about 18 chairs apart for the opening of the Invictus Games in Toronto, Canada
- The couple are then photographed watching a tennis match between Australia and New Zealand at the Invictus Games
- Markle's dad Thomas gives Harry his blessings to marry his daughter as an impending engagement announcement looms, according to British tabloids.
- Markle first meets the Queen over afternoon tea at Buckingham Palace with Harry.
- Markle reportedly wraps up filming on the US drama Suits
- Pictures emerge of Markle shopping in London, sparking speculation she has moved in with Harry at Kensington Palace
- Speculation about a royal engagement reaches fever pitch when bookmakers stop taking bets on the couple marrying
- Staff at Buckingham and Kensington palaces are reportedly briefed about the couple's engagement and told they will have a non-traditional wedding.
- Buckingham Palace make it official with an announcement of their engagement
- Kensington Palace announces the wedding for May 19, at St George's Chapel at Windsor Castle.
Australian Associated Press