The trials and tribulations of footy players has been perfectly encapsulated by the dilemmas facing two guns.
At one end of the age and experience spectrum is Brisbane Bronco David Fifita. At the other the "aged star" Tiger Benji Marshall. On their day, what deadset footy fan wouldn't want to be watching them both at their special best?
Fifita has a huge decision awaiting him. The Titans have reportedly upped their offer to a NRL record deal of $1.25 million a season. Few 20-year-old's would be able to resist such a lure. But ... Fifita could be one of them.
Laurie Daley addresses exactly that issue in his weekly ACM column. He, too, was chased by clubs offering riches to tempt him from the Raiders lime-green. We know how history turned out for Daley, but will Fifita consider the same factors?
As for Benji, well, he's back on the bench for the Tigers for their round nine match against the Rabbits - after a five-week wander in the wilderness.
Coach Michael Maguire has retained Josh Reynolds and Luke Brooks as the starting halves but the prospect of Marshall waiting in the wings, even at 35 years of age, is a smile-inducing one.
And you know what? Benji might have a word or two to say to young Mr Fifita about clubs and loyalty and all the invisibles of an NRL career, too.
* This edition of Tackle Count was written by Janine Graham.
The footy news you can't afford to miss
- LAURIE DALEY: The new disaster confronting the Broncos
- BARRY TOOHEY PODCAST: Steve Simpson was the toughest of Knights
- CANBERRA TIMES PODCAST: Raiders chase a slice of history
- MITCH JENNINGS: Dragon enforcer Sims set to return
- LUCY BERTOLDO: Kai O'Donnell 'more than deserving' of debut
- BARRY TOOHEY: The player even Andrew Jones misjudged
- ED JACKSON: Coach backs Titans' big-money Fifita move
- COURTNEY WARD: 'Consistency is everything in rugby league': Merrin
- DAVID POLKINGHORNE: Sia Soliola blends humour and KFC ahead of major surgery
- COURTNEY WARD: Jai Field set to build on strong Eels debut