With just over a week until she ties the knot, Murray Bridge woman Samantha Judd says being allowed to dance at her wedding is the miracle she has been waiting for.
South Australian premier Steven Marshall announced on Thursday, October 1 that as of the following Saturday, dancing and standing while drinking would no longer be banned for people at private functions of 150 people or less at licensed venues, like weddings.
Mr Marshall said the lifting of these restrictions for both indoor and outdoor events would give people "more freedom to celebrate special occasions the way they want to".
For Miss Judd, the announcement relieved a lot of the stress she had been feeling in the lead-up to her wedding with Tom Sinclair on October 10.
"It was the miracle I was holding out for," she said.
"We were faced with a very boring reception of sitting at the tables pretty well the whole night without being able to get up and dance and drink with our friends and family and enjoy ourselves.
"I didn't want my wedding being remembered as the boring one where no one could do anything but sit, eat and talk."
Engaged in December 2018, the couple began planning for their wedding at the start of 2019 and locked in 10/10/2020 - "a date that Tom can't forget", to Miss Judd said.
As coronavirus hit and safety restrictions were brought in, there was added pressure while organising everything, but they were determined to stick with the October 10 date.
"We were holding out for a long while in hope it'd blow over," she said.
While they will be missing a few of their interstate loved ones, they are almost having their dream wedding as most restrictions impacting weddings are easing.
"As they've eased, the pressure to make major decisions about it all decreased," Miss Judd said.
"All our vendors have been super supportive throughout it all and very understanding about last minute decisions.
"The only major way it affected us was with decreasing the amount of guests that were allowed to attend."